- [S408] 1860 United States Federal Census, Powhatan Court House, Powhatan County, Virginia Pg 35 Dwelling 242.
- [S113] 1870 United States Federal Census, Huguenot Twn, Powhatan County, Virginia Page 33 Dwelling 251.
Again there is no proof that this is the correct George Watkins. However, if he was the one living with W.L. and C.E. Turpin in 1860, he was still living with C.E. Turpin in 1870, but he was listed as G.H. Watkins
- [S86] Ancestry.COM, Virginia, Marriages, 1785-1940. Salt Lake City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013, p 491.
- [S124] 1840 United States Federal Census, Nottaway Parish, Southampton, Virginia, United States, Page 43 of 48.
- [S409] 1850 United States Federal Census, Sussex County, VA, Ancestry Page 6 of 92, Dwelling 47.